West Springfield Parish and Interfaith Association
The West Springfield Parish and Interfaith Association is a group of members from 11 Protestant and Roman Catholic churches that meets 10 times each year to provide ecumenical ministry in our community. Some of their ministries and community events include:
- The Parish Cupboard: This association provides emergency food, clothing, and meals five days a week to those in need. Our pastor, Reverend Smith serves as Chaplain on the Board of Directors for the Parish Cupboard.
- Crop Walk: The third Sunday in October is the date for this Ten Kilometer Walk for Hunger. The community walks together to raise money for world hunger. Twenty-five percent of the money comes back to our community for local hunger needs.
- Ecumenical Service: The Thanksgiving Eve Service is held to give thanks and praise to the Lord for all of our blessings.
The West Springfield Clergy Association
This is a support and fellowship group for Protestant and Catholic clergy. The association is responsible for several ecumenical services within the community. They sponsor two special worship services:
- The Baccalaureate Service is a special ecumenical service for graduating seniors, their families, faculty and administrators, held at First Baptist Church. Clergy from various churches gather here to celebrate the students' graduation from high school.
- The Way of the Cross is a Good Friday walk through the downtown and Merrick sections of West Springfield. There are stops at various churches and on the town green. If you cannot make the walk, you may drive your car from place to place.
Other Community Connections
Our pastor, Reverend Robert P. Smith, also serves as the Protestant Chaplain of the West Springfield Fire Department, and a Community Representative for the West Springfield High School Council.